Posted in Personal Growth Stuff, tagged Ash Wednesday, Bad (Aerial Fiction), Bhavacakra, Business, Carnival, change in my life, creative energy, fat tuesday, King cake, Lent, life, living, Mardi Gras, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, My Life, New Orleans, night life, positive, positive energy, quote, quotes, Thought, Writing on February 22, 2012 |
2 Comments »
I started writing today’s blog about Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday, but I decided to leave that for another night. I had a phone conversation with a good friend that really got me thinking about some things and I felt the need to write about them. I am thinking tonight about changes.
We know often people change throughout life and often people have a tendency to see change as a bad thing; but it isn’t necessarily a bad thing all too often. Sometimes change can start as something bad, but end up as something good. I think what I mean to say here is it all depends on what you do with change and how you interpret it.
For instance, I have been going through many changes lately. I started writing this blog, which is a huge change in my life. This has been a very positive experience for me. I really enjoy getting sharing my perspective and creative energy with others. Some people may love what I have written and some may hate something I have written; but either way, I have an opportunity to make someone feel something or maybe get them thinking in a way they hadn’t before reading what I have written. That, in itself is an amazing opportunity.
Another change that has recently taken place personally is I have started developing more of a life. Granted, I realize I have been going in a direction I had not intended. I have been overindulging in developing a night life and have been going out far too often lately. Something I plan to change and cut back on. I need to balance more and look at my Wheel of Life Tree a bit more to engage with that balance. However, I have learned some pretty important things in the process of developing a night life. I have met some very interesting people, aside from the creeps and losers of course, that made me think about various perspectives in different ways. Some have made me appreciate my own life much more and some have made me want to strive to be able to give off as much positive energy as they gave me.
For instance, last night, I met someone who just oozed positive energy and you could feel it throughout the entire table. Someone who can infect an entire group with that much positive energy is definitely a rare gem in the world and worth knowing if even for a few hours. However, I hope I am lucky enough to cross paths with such a person more often because there is definitely an important lesson to learn from such an individual.
Most importantly, change is important. Whether good or bad, there are lessons to be learned through even the smallest change. What is important is realizing there are lessons presenting themselves to further develop you as an individual. That’s my two cents for the evening.
How has change impacted you? How has a positive change affected you? How has a negative change turned positive or influenced you? Just things to think about. You can comment and share if you would like.
Consider the two following quotes regarding change for a moment:
“Be the change you want to see in the world” – Mahatma Gandhi
“Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are with what you can become.” – Unknown
Now go and make a positive impact in someone’s life, start a positive change in a new way. Night all.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Daily Stuff, Information and Inspiration, tagged blog, Facebook, Gratitude, holiday, Liebster Award, OMG, Slanket, Ten Commandments, Thought, Valentines Day on February 18, 2012 |
20 Comments »
Wow. I don’t even know where to begin. I have always wondered what it would be like to write and deliver an acceptance speech, so I am excited to proceed further.
I started this blog as a creative outlet. My original intent was to write about various aspects of my life and growth. I then found there were things that amused me and I could add some witty comments along the way poking at those odd situations or idiotic articles you find so often. I have found more creativity than I knew I had. I also have found the blog community to be inspiring and full of amazing people with really amazing perspectives. I found I could have a voice, share it and maybe amuse more than just myself along the way. Thank you to all that have read and/or followed along.
First, I want to thank thefutureofhope for gracing me with the honor of four awards: The Sunshine Award, Candle Lighter Award, Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments Award and Liebster Award. Yes, I am taking all four, thank you very much. Chrystalyn, you are an amazing blogger and I have enjoyed reading your outlook on various things in life and your stories are simply amazing. I must say The Countdown to the Worst Holiday: Valentine’s Day and Hi! I’m Crazy! were my favorites! Not to mention, as I have been starting my blogging journey you have been very supportive and inspire me to continue writing. Thank you so much. Without the awards, I still knew you were an awesome ally.
Now, for the awards and requirements.
The Sunshine, Candle Lighter, and Liebster Awards State the following:
- Act like a God among bloggers (write a post)
- Give your Acceptance and Thank you speech for the one whom blessed you with the honor. (See above)
- Give the cream of your crop the award as well
- Post awards on your blog if accepted
The Sparkly Ten Commandments are:
- Give Thanks
- Answer Ten Questions with Honesty
- Pass it on to Ten Other Bloggers.
- Describe yourself in seven words: Dependable, loyal, procrastinator, optimistic, hard-working, strong, and kind
- What keeps you up at night? Oh, so many things. When I try to sleep, I think my brain goes on overdrive. Mostly my children and thinking through my next day and the week’s schedule.
- Whom would you like to be? Hmmm…that’s a tough one. I am already pretty happy with me and who I am. I don’t think I would want to be anyone else honestly.
- What are you wearing now? Ripped up blue jeans and a t-shirt. Gotta love weekends =)
- What scares you? Creeps and losers (duh)
- What are the best and worst things about blogging? Honestly, I love blogging. I really enjoy the ability to share my thoughts and have a creative outlet. I am pretty new to this, but the community seems pretty great. Reading other people’s views on life and seeing all of the undiscovered creativity out there is really pretty awesome. I think the worse thing is that I don’t always have time to get on here and keep up.
- What was the last website you looked at? Ummm…LOL…probably Facebook, but I am not sure. I have not been online much this weekend so far.
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? Honestly, I would probably think through things more before sharing some of my thoughts. Otherwise, I think I am pretty awesome as is. LOL. I am not conceited but I am happy with me.
- Slankets, yes or no? WTH is a Slanket??? Hold on, googling now! Holy crap! There is an official website! Where have I been that I have missed something called a Slanket? I am getting ready to look, but the current pic in my head is a Slinky mixed with a blanket; which looks pretty funny and scary I might add. My official answer is nope.
- Tell us something about the person who nominated you. I do not actually know Chrystalyn well, but I can say she has been very supportive of my blog and a huge inspiration for me. Her blogging skills are amazing and if you have not yet read thefutureofhope, you better get your butt in gear because you are missing some great stuff!
Now…to get on with the fun stuff, I get to nominate my faves that I think deserve the honor of the awards. As I said, I have not been on here long (OMG
, it has been nearly 3 weeks now! Time flies), but I have found some pretty amazing people who have real skills. I am not sure if any of you already have these awards, but regardless they deserve the recognition. You can choose one or all four. Have fun folks. For those of you not reading, check these guys out! BTW, this is in no particular order and I think you are all equally awesome in your own ways 🙂
Read Full Post »