Wow. I don’t even know where to begin. I have always wondered what it would be like to write and deliver an acceptance speech, so I am excited to proceed further.
I started this blog as a creative outlet. My original intent was to write about various aspects of my life and growth. I then found there were things that amused me and I could add some witty comments along the way poking at those odd situations or idiotic articles you find so often. I have found more creativity than I knew I had. I also have found the blog community to be inspiring and full of amazing people with really amazing perspectives. I found I could have a voice, share it and maybe amuse more than just myself along the way. Thank you to all that have read and/or followed along.
First, I want to thank thefutureofhope for gracing me with the honor of four awards: The Sunshine Award, Candle Lighter Award, Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments Award and Liebster Award. Yes, I am taking all four, thank you very much. Chrystalyn, you are an amazing blogger and I have enjoyed reading your outlook on various things in life and your stories are simply amazing. I must say The Countdown to the Worst Holiday: Valentine’s Day and Hi! I’m Crazy! were my favorites! Not to mention, as I have been starting my blogging journey you have been very supportive and inspire me to continue writing. Thank you so much. Without the awards, I still knew you were an awesome ally.
Now, for the awards and requirements.
The Sunshine, Candle Lighter, and Liebster Awards State the following:
- Act like a God among bloggers (write a post)
- Give your Acceptance and Thank you speech for the one whom blessed you with the honor. (See above)
- Give the cream of your crop the award as well
- Post awards on your blog if accepted
The Sparkly Ten Commandments are:
- Give Thanks
- Answer Ten Questions with Honesty
- Pass it on to Ten Other Bloggers.
- Describe yourself in seven words: Dependable, loyal, procrastinator, optimistic, hard-working, strong, and kind
- What keeps you up at night? Oh, so many things. When I try to sleep, I think my brain goes on overdrive. Mostly my children and thinking through my next day and the week’s schedule.
- Whom would you like to be? Hmmm…that’s a tough one. I am already pretty happy with me and who I am. I don’t think I would want to be anyone else honestly.
- What are you wearing now? Ripped up blue jeans and a t-shirt. Gotta love weekends =)
- What scares you? Creeps and losers (duh)
- What are the best and worst things about blogging? Honestly, I love blogging. I really enjoy the ability to share my thoughts and have a creative outlet. I am pretty new to this, but the community seems pretty great. Reading other people’s views on life and seeing all of the undiscovered creativity out there is really pretty awesome. I think the worse thing is that I don’t always have time to get on here and keep up.
- What was the last website you looked at? Ummm…LOL…probably Facebook, but I am not sure. I have not been online much this weekend so far.
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? Honestly, I would probably think through things more before sharing some of my thoughts. Otherwise, I think I am pretty awesome as is. LOL. I am not conceited but I am happy with me.
- Slankets, yes or no? WTH is a Slanket??? Hold on, googling now! Holy crap! There is an official website! Where have I been that I have missed something called a Slanket? I am getting ready to look, but the current pic in my head is a Slinky mixed with a blanket; which looks pretty funny and scary I might add. My official answer is nope.
- Tell us something about the person who nominated you. I do not actually know Chrystalyn well, but I can say she has been very supportive of my blog and a huge inspiration for me. Her blogging skills are amazing and if you have not yet read thefutureofhope, you better get your butt in gear because you are missing some great stuff!
- Girl on the Contrary
- Fit Body Now
- I’m Not Famous and Neither Are You
- The Dissemination of Thought
- cONTEMPORARY mUSINGS
- peaceful controversy
So, it took me two days to write this. I discovered I had the toughest time with the questions and figuring out how to add the links to the other people’s pages. The link thing was frustrating, but I eventually had that light bulb moment where it all made sense. I want to say thanks again for the awards. I have really enjoyed the blog experience thus far and had never expected to have the opportunity to write an acceptance speech. I was totally stoked to write it though. Thanks again 🙂